Health and Rights Initiative (HRI) is a legally registered company limited by guarantee organization in Northern Uganda. We work on the rights and wellbeing of marginalized groups’ particularly rural LBQ women, FSW, vulnerable Adolescent Young Girls and Women (AYGW).
The organization has specific focus on human rights awareness and promotion, HIV/AIDS treatment, care, and support/drug adherence, access to Sexual and Reproductive Health services and information, capacity building, research and documentation.
We believe that the dignity and wellbeing of every individual is core to holistic being and a productive a society.
We work within communities and rely on local staff to ground our approach in a deep understanding of those who will benefit. While we promote using best practices and sharing solutions, we tailor strategies to each situation and seek creative options to meet clients’ needs.
To Advocate for Justice and equal opportunities for the LBQ Women and Female Sex Workers through Social and Economic Empowerment, Advocacy and Research in the rural Areas of Northern Uganda.
A society with equal opportunities and justice for all.
- To enhance access to justice and equal opportunities among our groups.
- To contribute towards access to Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR).
- To contribute towards the improvement of social and economic status of our constituencies.
- To provide data on sexual, reproductive health and rights.
- To improve the performance of the secretariat through strengthening of structures, systems and policies.
- To strengthen the capacity of other groups/organization in the region.
We Advocate for Justice and equal opportunities for the LBQ Women and Female Sex Workers through Social and Economic Empowerment, Advocacy and Research in the rural Areas of Northern Uganda