Health and Rights Initiative (HRI) is a legally registered company limited by guarantee organization in Northern Uganda. We work on the rights and wellbeing of marginalized groups’ particularly rural LBQ women, FSW, vulnerable Adolescent Young Girls and Women (AYGW). The organization has specific focus on human rights awareness and promotion, HIV/AIDS treatment, care, and support/drug adherence, access to Sexual and Reproductive Health services and information, capacity building, research and documentation. We believe that the dignity and wellbeing of every individual is core to holistic being and a productive a society.
To Advocate for Justice and equal opportunities for the LBQ Women and Female Sex Workers through Social and Economic Empowerment, Advocacy and Research in the rural Areas of Northern Uganda.
A society with equal opportunities and justice for all.
- To enhance access to justice and equal opportunities among our groups
- To contribute towards access to Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)
- To contribute towards the improvement of
socialand economic status of our constituencies.
- To provide data on sexual, reproductive health and rights
- To improve the performance of the secretariat through
strengtheningof structures, systems and policies and;
- To strengthen the capacity of other groups/organization in the region